Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Beltane!

Happy Beltane!

Or maybe I should say, happy heathen rites of Spring!

Sorry! I meant to get this up earlier today, but didn't.

 I thought you deserved a photo of a flower, even though I took this photo last summer, when my new camera was brand new.

I found a link for Beltane spells and recipes, and I thought you might be interested.

****************************

I've long been bemused by things that the people who do closed captioning on TV misunderstand and make mistakes in, but one of those I saw during the royal wedding takes the cake.

According to the closed captionist, in the middle of the wedding ceremony, the Archbishop of Canterbury said the phrase "Mary, mother of money." I almost fell off my chair laughing!

I'm thinking that I should start a diary of things that people who do closed captioning mix up. I could probably publish it and make a lot of money.

On Friday, I was watching Fringe, and Walter addressed Astrid as "ostrich" according to the person typing the closed captioning!

Not to mention The Tudors, where the king sits on a "thrown" rather than a throne!

Speaking of TV, the second part of the first story of the season of Doctor Who was on (Day of the Moon) yesterday, and it was a mind-bender. Warning: Spoilers ahead! Well, only if you haven't seen the first part of the story (The Impossible Astronaut).

It contained aliens that looked alarming, but that you would forget instantly when you looked away. Since the story followed what the characters were experiencing, the whole thing had lots of gaps and was very disorienting. I want to say more, but I won't at the moment.

There's one more episode, and then the one written by Neil Gaiman called The Doctor's Wife. I can't wait for that one!

Hope you've been having a wonderful weekend and will have an even better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment