Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day!

Happy Veterans Day!

Veterans Day is a national holiday in the United States, but other countries celebrate it, too, under other names. You can read more about it at the link.


If you followed the link, you know more about it, and I won't go into it here except to say that I'm proud to be a veteran.

************************

Yesterday and today were more "binary" days. That is to say that they're dates that have only a one or a zero in the number that represents that date.

Yesterday was 11/10/10, and today is 11/11/10. Next year (logically) it will be 11/11/11!

***********************

I've almost finished another Christmas present. It still needs a tiny bit of Kitchner stitch and to be blocked. With any luck, there will be a photo tomorrow. The item is a hood, and it's part of a set which will include a watch cap and pair of mitts, so there's still more to knit before the whole present is done. I've been making a pile of stuff that just needs a little bit done to finish it, and I'm planning to spend tomorrow afternoon just blocking and sewing. Blocking isn't so bad since I have a steamer and a good place to use it with the other blocking needs stored right nearby.

It's the sewing that I like least about knitting.

So, there may be a lot of finished objects to show over the weekend. A lot of anonymous FOs! Some will be Christmas presents and some not, and I'm not going to identify who they're for. So, you can consider that they're all for me, and just forget about Christmas!

*******************

Burn Notice is on USA pretty much all day today. The first episode of the new season is also on, along with all the great Thursday evening shows: The Vampire Diaries, Bones, The Big Bang Theory and The Mentalist! If you're a Psych fan, the first episode of the new season was on last night, but they're rerunning it tonight. Check your local schedules! Oh, and in case I forget, BBC in America will be going nuts with Doctor Who all Saturday!

Have a fabulous weekend, and feel free to tell me about all the wonderful projects you're making for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment