Thursday, July 1, 2010

Red Alert! Red Alert!

It's been a whacked-out day so far today!

I had to be awake, dressed and downstairs by 8:30 for a blood test today. Some of the people who were to be tested had to fast from midnight last night, so they wanted to do the test early.

Getting up early is always a challenge for me because I worked night work for so long, and I've never been able to switch over to a daytime schedule. It's always been hard to wake me, and now that I have hearing problems, it's even worse.

At any rate, I made it down in time thanks to waking up because I felt so bad this morning.

When I was done, I came back upstairs, took some Ibuprofen with some crackers, and went back to sleep.

Since I was still very tired and started to feel better thanks to the medication, I then proceeded to sleep later than usual.

Once I actually woke up, John called with a question. I assured him I had an answer, but, as so often happens, the answer turned out to be "I don't know."

I asked him a question about hooking up my TiVo. I got the RF modulator that I needed, and now needed to get cables. I noticed there were no cables in the box. He said that I should call TiVo and get them sent to me by them. I didn't really want to bother them with it, but I checked to see what cables should have been included, and realized that they didn't send me the power cable for the box! Which, of course, means that I not only can't hook it up, I can't even plug it in!

So, naturally, I immediately panicked!

I called TiVo, and they're sending cables immediately!

I still have to buy cables, though. Just not as many.

Once this is all over, I should be able to watch DVDs again, though! I can't wait!

*************************

My friend, Steve, sent me screen shots of the finished games that I did the art for, and they're beautiful! I need to win an iPad in one of the many giveaways I've entered for them so that I can buy the games and play them on my own iPad! When he says it's OK, I'll show you what the games I worked on look like.

*************************

If you're a knitter, you have to read the latest post on The Panopticon! Whether you love or hate the Twilight series, you'll love Franklin's post about it! It's one of the funniest things I've seen in a while!

There are lots of things to do today and I have to get going. I hope you've been having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment