Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Middleman Vs. Warehouse 13

I, like most of you, watched the brand new season premier of Warehouse 13 last night and loved it!

Not surprisingly, I found lots about it on the internet today, mostly on io9. There's an article, ostensibly about Warehouse 13, but with a lot about The Middleman, too! Warning: there are spoilers in the links and ahead.

I'm intimidated about writing anything about the show after reading that masterful review, though. There's lots I'd like to say, but mostly, it's already been said in the link from Warehouse 13 above.

I really like the relationship between Artie and Claudia. It reminds us that Artie knew Claudia when she was a kid, although it's hard to think of Claudia as anything but an adult, even when she was shorter. I have a friend like that, Sara, who may have been short when she was 7, but could hold her own in any adult conversation. I was a little disappointed that Claudia's brother fell about 20 feet, and all we heard about it was that he broke his leg.


I was delighted that H.G. Wells was portrayed as a woman, though. There have been too many things that have been done/invented by women that men took the credit for. The thing that leaps to mind is Eli Whitney and the cotton gin, which was actually invented by his sister, but credited to him because, at the time, a woman could not legally hold a patent.

I also especially enjoyed the text on the screen every time they showed Cern!

To find out more about the future of Warehouse 13, check out this interview with Allison Scagliotti, who plays Claudia. It also has some information about the future of Eureka, which premiers Friday night on SyFy (of course).

Oh, and there's a Warehouse 13 contest, too! Check it out!

***************************

There's going to be a third Men In Black movie! Find out more about it here!

***************************

There's a Doctor Who marathon currently going on BBC in America. It's been on for a while, so hurry, or you'll miss it!

***********************

I've been working on the first sock with the yarn I bought over the weekend, and I really love the faded denim colorway!


I've finished as much of it as I have mainly because I'm being entertained by watching the patterns developing. Fun for the feebleminded!

I have to get back to my super secret project for the Lion Brand Yarn Imagination Contest. The contest closes at the end of this month, and it has to be done! I'm not saying anything else about it except that I ordered some more stuff to make it, and I have just a bit more to get to finish the project.

******************************

I'm currently high bidder on ebay for the camera I talked about yesterday. I've bid the absolute maximum that I thought I could afford to spend, so if someone else bids more in the next 2-1/4 hours, I'm out of luck.

In a way, I'm also out of luck if I win it, because I just balanced my checkbook, and there's less in there than I thought there was. I'm going to have to find more stuff to sell on Craig's List. 

I'd love to get the camera, though, even if it means that I'll be a bit hungry at the end of the month.

Wish me luck!

I have lots of stuff to do today, so that's all there is for the moment.

Have a fabulous middle-of-the-week!

***********************

Addition:

The auction is over and I didn't get the camera. The bid stayed the same with me in the lead for over 24 hours, and there must have been at least 3 bids in the last 15 seconds. It would have been a problem for me to pay for it, but I'm really disappointed I didn't get it.

Oh, well, maybe next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment