Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No Dentist Today!

When I woke up today, the message light was flashing on my phone. The dentist's helper called to tell me that the lab hadn't finished with my permanent caps, so there was no point in coming in today. I called back to make a new appointment, but we're playing phone tag now.

There was a lot of other stuff that I planned to do today while I was out at the dentist. Then I checked a couple of things and got sucked in to a thread on Ravelry, and here it is after 4 pm, and I still haven't done anything. I do need to do something today, even if it isn't all the stuff I intended to accomplish today!

***************************

Tomorrow night on ABC seems to be the last episode of Eastwick. I'm really sorry to see it go! Feel free to ask ABC to continue it, but I don't think ABC cares.

I've heard a rumor that somebody at the CW was thinking of picking it up. Feel free to contact them, too. On Facebook, there's a Save Eastwick page, a Lifetime Save Eastwick page to encourage Lifetime to pick up Eastwick, a Petition to Save Eastwick page, and another Save Eastwick page.

On Twitter, you can follow @SaveEastwick, @save_eastwick or @eastwickgazette. Spread the word!

I'm looking forward to the next Doctor Who episode this weekend! The BBC in America is starting the new year right with Christmas Invasion at the stroke of the new year on Friday at midnight (here)! This will be followed by New Earth, Tooth and Claw, School Reunion, The Girl in the Fireplace, Rise of the Cybermen, The Age of Steel, The Impossible Planet, The Satan Pit, Army of Ghosts/Doomsday, Runaway Bride, Smith and Jones, The Shakespeare Code, Gridlock, Daleks in Manhattan, Evolution of the Daleks, The Lazarus Experiment, Human Nature, The Family of Blood, Blink, Utopia, The Sound of Drums, Last of the Time Lords, Partners in Crime, The Fires of Pompeii, Planet of the Ood, The Sontaran Stratagem, The Poison Sky, The Doctor's Daughter, Voyage of the Damned, The Unicorn and the Wasp, Silence in the Library/Forrest of the Dead, Midnight, Turn Left, The Stolen Earth/Journey's End, The Next Doctor, Planet of the Dead, The Waters of Mars, The End of Time Part 1, David Tenent Special, and The End of Time Part 2! By this time, we'll be finishing the last episode at 10 pm on Saturday, when they will be premiering a new show called Demons. It looks interesting! Then they'll be repeating a lot of it until 5 am on Sunday morning.

This year won't have anything but Doctor Who on BBC in America until early Sunday morning! Sometimes, I really love the BBC!

You really have to check your local schedules for all this!

Don't-miss episodes include Tooth and Claw (the founding of Torchwood!), School Reunion (Sarah Jane is back!), The Girl in the Fireplace (a fabulous love story), Blink (the best horror story ever!), The Doctor's Daughter (she's wonderful!), Silence in the Library/Forrest of the Dead (a horror/love story), Turn Left/The Stolen Earth/Journey's End (everyone gets involved), The Next Doctor (a Christmas story), and of course, Parts one and two of The End of Time.

I should mention that if you aren't a Doctor Who fan, you should DVR Blink. The story wouldn't be possible without time travel, and, thus, the Doctor, but he plays a very peripheral role in this. This is a show where they've taken something totally innocent and made it into a horror story. It's one of the neatest little horror stories I've ever seen, and I'm particularly tickled that all the horror is generated out of nothing. I've watched a lot of horror shows and movies, but this is the only one that has raised goose bumps for me. And it stands alone. You don't have to be a Doctor Who fan to enjoy and understand it.

If you're really into horror, don't miss Silence in the Library/Forrest of the Dead. The Doctor says "All over the universe, people have an irrational fear of the dark. But it's not irrational." This is another one where horror is created out of nothing.

I really have to get going and get something done! I may not post tomorrow or Thursday because I'll be doing all the things I should have been doing today!

Have a great evening and don't miss Eastwick tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment