Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm Going to the Sheep and Wool Fest!

Like The Little Engine that Could, I keep saying that to myself over and over again. And I'm hoping desperately that it's true. 

Last night, the temperature outside started to go down. It went into the sixties outside (according to the weather people), and by 8 or 9 last night, it was at about 70, where it hovered until midnight or so. So, after an evening, all night, and most of the day (which has been cloudy, cool and rainy), the temp in my apartment is down to 80 degrees, and I've started to feel like I'm not being cooked. The air conditioning should be coming on at any minute now.

After the past five days, 80 degrees feels cool. The rain has washed some of the pollen out of the air, which is a good thing. The cars outside were all yellow because they were so covered in pollen, but they're all different colors now.

And I'm finally starting to feel like I might make it.

*************************

I was reading the Yarn Harlot's blog today, and she mentioned a bag she had her yarn in. The site that bag link is to appears to be down at the moment, but the link should work when it's back up again. She also mentioned that she had one of their knitting bags, and it looks like dynamite! Same caveat on the link. I'm hoping that somebody has them for sale at the MSWF!

***********************

I don't really have a lot to talk about at the moment. All I've been doing for most of the last week is lying on my back reading and melting.

Right now, I'm on the last Twilight Series book, Breaking Dawn, and really enjoying it. It's about teenage love, so it's full of hormones and "I'd rather die than...," vampires, and werewolves, but it's a quick, easy, fun read. I'm enjoying it. 

The books are also so big that they'd make great doorstops, so I got the first two books of The Princess Diaries out of the library so that I'd have something to take to the MSWF that I was willing to actually carry. The writing in these is very fun and alive. I'm sure I'm going to love them.

I'm going to go and recuperate from the heat.

Have a great evening! Remember, the work week is half over!

**********************

Addition:

Check out the first annual KNIFTAS, which is the Knitting in Film and Television Awards! I loved the knitting scenes on Pushing Daisies!

No comments:

Post a Comment