Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Monday

I meant to get on the computer yesterday and wish everyone a happy Easter, but due to the press of events, didn't. I do hope that you have a wonderful holiday, even if it wasn't Easter.

But happy Easter Monday!

***************************

For all you TV aficionados, there is a survey going on that you'll want to get a word in edgewise on. Vote for your favorite shows, vote against the shows you hate, and speak your mind here!

Don't forget to tell them you want Middleman back, and add whatever shows you want to save.

**************************

I finished all the knitting on the Christmas stockings along with weaving in the ends and sewing up the back seam and sewing down the top edge hem. Now they only need blocking and adding the pom poms/hanging loop. So, they should be done later today, and ready for pick up tomorrow.

So, it's back to the socks I was knitting before the stockings. They're from the Kroy sock yarn that I bought at AC Moore earlier (last month?). I like this yarn, but it has very little yardage.

I have to go. I have lots to do.

Have a great day!

*********************

Addition:

I probably shouldn't do this on Easter Monday, but I can't resist.

Thanks to Holly, who alerted me to the Flying Spaghetti Monster (pastafarianism), I have found a whole new vista of faith.

Although I like the Flying Spaghetti Monster, he's always referred to as "his noodliness" and after looking around, I found a corresponding feminine deity, the Invisible Pink Unicorn, also known as "She that Raptures Socks." I'm not too enthused about the pinkness, but considering that I've been knitting socks for the last three weeks, I can't dispute that particular doctrine (the part about the socks). She also appears to be big on pizza, and how can anyone have a problem with that (although ham and pineapple is not my very favorite pizza)?

Please note that this is an appeal to thinking people, not a jab at anyone's religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment