Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Marek Fire

This was the view from my window yesterday evening.


That's one thing I love about this place: the sunsets!

Inspection of the apartment was early today. They started at 1 pm, and they got to my apartment and were through (I passed) in about 5 minutes before 1:30.

****************************************

Here's something to get you in the mood for my trip to the Renfair on Saturday. We will be there on the next-to-the-last day. After Sunday, it will be over for this year.


I love this little cottage at the Renfair, and if it were possible, I'd like to live there. If I ever become a multi-millionaire in the lottery, I'm going to have one of these built for me. Or maybe a copy of the house I lived in when I lived in France. That house was a dead ringer for Snow White's cottage, except that it had a slate roof instead of thatch.

Since I can't do any of that, I have made this photo my desktop photo. It's very scenic.

************************************

I'm still worried about John and the forest fire. They are calling the one near him the Marek fire. The firefighters have gotten close to having the fire under control and on the way out, but it's not over yet. The essentials are packed into two cars in case of evacuation, but I hope they don't have to do that. So far, it's taken out one home and an entire trailer park, and some other areas have been evacuated. Read Crazy Aunt Purl's take on Fire Season.

I have a hard time not crying when I read about it.

************************************

But the voting is over for the covers for the first Steve Canyon DVD (not to be confused with the special edition DVD). Check out the winner and place your order!

**********************************

Fringe (Fox) is back tonight along with The Mentalist (CBS). Plus there is the season premier of Eli Stone (ABC).

Have a great evening!

*****************************

P.S.  Check out the listing at TiVo Shows on DVD for Steve Canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment