Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Knitting Furiously!

Well the Celtic sweater has reached that point where I knit and knit and it stays the same.

Actually, it achieved about an extra 1.5 inches in length yesterday, if you want to be technical. 

Have I mentioned that there are a lot of stitches on the needle? I do remember saying that it had more than twice as many stitches on the needle than it did when it was just the back I was knitting.

I hate to sew seams. When I'm done knitting this, I'll have lots of ends to darn in, but no seams to sew. Otherwise it would never be done. But this is the downside of it. Knitting and knitting and knitting, and nothing happens.

I was planning to have some pretty photos for you today, but 1.5 inches of progress is almost impossible to see in a photo, so it's not really worth taking them.

Other than that, my life has been filled with paperwork. That translates to forms. Forms for things I haven't imagined. The universe has dedicated itself to ways that it can get money away from me, and the only way I can prevent that is by filling out tons of forms. I'm drowning in them.

I had planned to get them all filled out and in the mail on Monday, but I didn't even have most of the forms to fill out. I printed some from the internet, and found someone today (who I had to go see in person) who found some of the more abstruse ones that I filled out, and there are still more that I haven't had time to do sitting there waiting.

I've decided that I will spend normal working hours working on it, and spend evenings, etc. doing my own thing. Translation: knitting.

If there's something I can be knitting for you, make a donation, and get in touch. I'll start at the end of the Ravelympics.

Oh, and I've signed up for a Harry Potter KAL that starts on September the first, so if I can knit some Harry Potter stuff for you, let me know. It will fit right in.

Oh, and Designs Toscano is having a sale: Save up to 70% on Design Toscano Clearance items
Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment