Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eclipse on my Birthday!

Don't forget the eclipse tonight!

The full eclipse will be seen pretty far North, and there may not be much to see in civilized latitudes, and might be completely invisible due to weather conditions, but it will be happening.

Well last night, I ripped out most of the top of the back on the Celtic sweater, and reknit it. So, at the end of last night, I was at the same spot I was the night before. One whole day down the drain.

All I really accomplished was changing the "frame" around the Saint John's cross.

But I'm almost at the bottom of the armholes, and I'll be joining the fronts to the back with some extra stitches invisibly cast on at the bottom of the armhole.

I have to go, now. Holly and I will be going to Occoquan today. It's a beautiful little town right near here with a lot of little specialty and art stores, right on the Occoquan River (which is about the size of the creek I grew up with).

Well, at least I hope it's still pretty. About two years ago, most of the waterfront properties were torn down, and they've built something there. I could see the destruction from the bridge, but I haven't been down there since. They've also expanded and raised the bridge at the one end of town, so I'm not sure how that's affected it all. I guess I'll find out today.

I'll tell you more tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment