Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bad Movies and Chocolate!

There's a special interest group on Ravelry for everything.

I just recently found a group that likes really BAD movies. I promised them that I would get together some lists of really bad movies, and I started by putting up Don Doler's movies on my Amazon Store. You can find them here.

John and I met Don Dohler when he was casting for his first movie, The Alien Factor. He went over the general story and it was BAD. A while later, John suggested to him some changes in the script that would have made it a really GREAT movie, a new classic, and maybe a whole new subgenre. But no, Don wasn't interested in making good movies. His goal seemed to be to make really BAD movies, and he did a good job of it.

Anyway, I signed up for a health newsletter a while ago, and they sent me one that had some really wonderful news.

Chocolate is a food that is really good for you! Raw chocolate, that is. Most of the stuff that's out there is really junk.

But there are some companies that are starting to buy the best raw cocoa beans and do minimal processing on them. In fact, if you you buy "nibs" you're getting chocolate that is unprocessed except for being removed from the outer part of the bean. This chocolate is organic and full of antioxidants.

So, I tracked down the best organic chocolate I could find, and put up a page on my store for it. You can find it here: http://astore.amazon.com/losart-20/102-0618191-9884134?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=9

Some of the prices for chocolate bars look exorbitant. but they're for a box of chocolate bars. Read carefully before you buy. And if you live somewhere warm, you might want to chose expedited shipping to avoid having your chocolate bars melt on their way to you.

I feel so commercial. I almost want to apologize to you. But who wouldn't want to know about the chocolate? Something that almost everyone loves, but is actually good for you? There's no down side to that (except the price--it does cost a bit more).

I'm almost finished with the second poncho, so maybe I can move on to something more interesting soon, and possibly even have some photos for you soon.

I was having dreams last night about how I might want to do the shoulders on the Celtic sweater. It's complicated. One day soon, I'll figure it out, and make something brilliant. Brace yourself!

In the meantime, have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment